I had pencilled-in today and tomorrow for a post-refit shake-down passage to Fowey and back – weather permitting.
Inshore Waters Forecast: Lyme Regis to Lands End, including the Isles of Scilly
Strong winds are forecast
24 hour forecast:
- Wind: Southwest 6 to gale 8, occasionally severe gale 9.
- Sea state: Moderate or rough, becoming rough or very rough, occasionally high for a time in west.
- Weather: Showers, thundery at first.
- Visibility: Moderate or poor, becoming mainly good.
Outlook for the following 24 hours:
- Wind: Southwest 7 to severe gale 9, veering west 5 to 7.
- Sea state: Rough or very rough, becoming moderate or rough later.
- Weather: Squally showers.
- Visibility: Moderate or good.
Well . . . it’s not permitting.
(Plymouth this morning, images by Bill Whateley)